After you've connected your shopify account, be sure to check your Shopify Settings. They can help control how Partial.ly creates your Shopify orders.
To access Shopify Settings, log into partial.ly/login and go to Settings > Integrations > Shopify Settings.
Enter a value here to automatically tag orders created by Partial.ly. You can apply multiple tags by separating them with commas.
Inventory Behavior controls how Shopify will handle the inventory for orders created by Partial.ly.
- Do not claim inventory: The Shopify order will always be created, regardless of product inventory in stock. Inventory levels will not be deducted.
- Ignore the product's inventory policy and claim amounts no matter what: The Shopify order will always be created, regardless of product inventory in stock. Inventory levels will be deducted.
- Obey the product's inventory policy: The Shopify order will not be created if there is insufficient product inventory in stock for any products in the order. Inventory levels will be deducted after a successful order.
Do your Shopify products already include tax?
If taxes are included in your product prices, select 'All taxes are included in my prices'. Shopify will automatically add taxes to orders created by Partial.ly
Shopify Confirmation Emails
Select 'Send Shopify order confirmation' to have Shopify send an order confirmation to the customer. The customer will also recieve a confirmation email from Partial.ly. If you wish to disable Partial.ly emails, this can be done under Settings > Emails.
To receive a notification if an order fails to submit to Shopify, select 'Send me an email when payment plans fail to submit to Shopify'.
Shopify Discount Codes
To accept Shopify discount codes with Partial.ly, select 'Enable Shopify discount codes in Partial.ly checkout'. Customers will then be able to enter discount codes configured in your Shopify account.
Only "Amount off order" discount types are currently supported.
Please note that we cannot support discount codes with all the restriction options that Shopify provides. If your discount code has any of the following restrictions, it won't work with Partially and the customer will receive an error message indicating the code is not supported.
- Buy X get Y
- Customer eligibility, specific groups of customers
- Customer eligibility, specific customers
- Applies to specific collections
- Usage limits, max uses per order
- Usage limits, limit to one user per customer
- Usage limits, limit number of times this discount can be used in total
Notes on other discount types:
The discount type "Amount off products" requires you to limit the discount to a specific collection. Even if you choose all collections, this limitation does not work with Partial.ly.
The discount type "Free Shipping" is not supported because only fixed amount and percentage type discounts are currently supported.
Automatic Discounts: an automatic discount is applied by Shopify to the cart prior to Partial.ly being selected as a payment option. While this auto discount may successfully be applied to the plan, Partial.ly is not able to send automatically applied discount info back to Shopify when creating the order. This can create a discrepancy between the Partially plan total and Shopify order total.It is recommended to not use auto-discounts. If you do choose to use them again, you will need to look out for discrepancies on the plans opened during its activation period and manually update the Shopify order once the plan is paid in full.
Other Checkout Settings
You can also configure various options for Partial.ly checkout under Settings > Checkout.
If the products you are selling require shipping, be sure to select 'Require customer shipping addresses' . Otherwise, the creation of the Shopify order may fail if your shop is set to require shipping addresses. You can configure shipping zones and shipping rates under Settings > Shipping.
Have more questions?
Email us at email@example.com